Updated Rules for visiting nursing homes (November 19, 2021)
We received updated rules regarding safe visits in skilled nursing / long-term care facilities. Perhaps the biggest change is we are not required to shut down the entire building when someone tests positive for COVID-19. We do have to continue to follow safety protocols, including screening all visitors for COVID-19 symptoms at the entrance, and requiring that masks be worn when in the building.
Anyone who has a positive viral test for COVID-19, symptoms of COVID-19, or currently meets the criteria for quarantine, should not enter the facility.
- All visitors and team members will be screened at the entrance.
- Hand hygiene (use of alcohol-based hand rub is preferred)
- Face covering or mask (covering mouth and nose) and physical distancing at least six feet between people, in accordance with CDC guidance
Unvaccinated Visitors or Visitors declining to share their vaccination status must adhere to the following for the entire visit:
- Surgical facemask will be provided and must be worn throughout the visit (covering mouth and nose)
- Social distancing of at least six feet between persons
- Resident is to remain masked during the entirety of the visit
- Vaccinated residents may determine if they wish to have a quick hug/brief physical contact
*When you visit a resident at this facility, we want to inform you that you potentially have an increased risk of contracting or transmitting Coronavirus (COVID-19) to the resident you are visiting or others at the facility.
*If you are visiting a resident on a Red Zone, Yellow Zone, or Gray Zone, please be aware that there may be more risk involved of exposing you to COVID-19. PPE requirements may differ, please visit with our facility team members.
*Please be aware that physical contact with your resident may have the potential to increase the risk of the spread COVID-19 to yourself or the resident.
* Visitors who are unable to adhere to the Core Principles of COVID-19 infection prevention or facility protocol will not be permitted to visit.